[arch-dev-public] Python rebuild on its way to [testing]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 8 00:33:42 EDT 2010

Current status:

The python rebuild seems to have gone reasonably well overall with few
breakages.  We currently have the following bugs open for the rebuild:

FS#21064 - [wicd] breaks with current testing

FS#21076 - python-configobj needs rebuild (for python3/2.7 change in
testing)

FS#21088 - [weechat] should have python2 instead of python in the optdepends

FS#21130 - avant-window-navigator applets still points to python3

The main issue here is the wicd one (the others are simple
fixes/rebuilds).  Rémy has provided a patch which is reported to work
(with an addition), but I guess we are waiting on upstream to comment.

Allan