[arch-dev-public] [signoff] sqlite3 - 3.7.3-1
a.radke at arcor.de
Fri Oct 8 14:18:12 EDT 2010
Upstream update. Please give signoffs.
SQLite Release 3.7.3 On 2010 October 08 (3.7.3)
Changes associated with this release include the following:
* Added the sqlite3_create_function_v2() interface that includes a
* Added support for custom r-tree queries using
application-supplied callback routines to define the boundary of
the query region.
* The default page cache strives more diligently to avoid using
memory beyond what is allocated to it by SQLITE_CONFIG_PAGECACHE.
Or if using page cache is allocating from the heap, it strives to
avoid going over the sqlite3_soft_heap_limit64(), even if
SQLITE_ENABLE_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT is not set.
* Added the sqlite3_soft_heap_limit64() interface as a replacement
* The ANALYZE command now gathers statistics on tables even if they
have no indices.
* Tweaks to the query planner to help it do a better job of finding
the most efficient query plan for each query.
* Enhanced the internal text-to-numeric conversion routines so that
they work with UTF8 or UTF16, thereby avoiding some UTF16-to-UTF8
* Fix a problem that was causing excess memory usage with large WAL
transactions in win32 systems.
* The interface between the VDBE and B-Tree layer is enhanced such
that the VDBE provides hints to the B-Tree layer letting the
B-Tree layer know when it is safe to use hashing instead of
B-Trees for transient tables.
* Miscellaneous documentation enhancements.
More information about the arch-dev-public