[arch-dev-public] Warning: MESA 7.9 going to testing

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sat Oct 9 09:45:11 EDT 2010

Am Sat, 9 Oct 2010 09:55:43 +0200
schrieb Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>:

> I'm working on the new MESA release today. Please don't -Syu until all
> 3D drivers have been rebuild properly. If you have trouble with your
> card catch me in out IRC channels.
> -Andy

So far no ddx driver rebuild seems required.

I'm running the new MESA on my Ati X200m(R300) notebook with the new
gallium driver. It renders well (was broken since KMS+classic mesa
useage) but very slowly. Maybe we can imrove this.

My desktop is running Nouveau and Supertuxkart is fast and really
usable now. A big step forward.

Please test the all driver. Usually even a minor libdrm bump breaks the
drivers. Give feedback.