[arch-dev-public] Opencl/Cuda headers

Stéphane Gaudreault stephane at archlinux.org
Sat Oct 30 14:12:25 EDT 2010

Le samedi 30 octobre 2010 07:02:08, Ionuț Bîru a écrit :
> On 10/30/2010 07:45 AM, Stéphane Gaudreault wrote:
> > My suggestion would be to package only OpenCL headers (Khronos version)
> > and eventually discuss addition of Cuda if it becomes easier to maintain
> > in a rolling release distribution. The new "khronos-opencl-headers"
> > package could be added as optional dependencies for nvidia-utils which
> > will also include a "provides=('libCL')"[6]. I tested this solution on
> > several codes and it works well. It also seems that Debian is going to
> > do something very similar[7].
> >
> > So what do other people think about this problem ?
> >
> > Stéphane
>
> imo khronos-opencl-headers is not a good name for our package. can we
> have opencl-headers  or nvidia-opencl-headers if the headers for the
> opensource drivers are not compatible with them?

Since headers from both sources are almost the same (modulo some comments), it
does not matter which one we choose. Following your suggestion, I uploaded an
nvidia-opencl-headers package on AUR:

This may not be the final package, but it is probably easier to discuss around
something concrete :-)

Stéphane