[arch-dev-public] Junior developers and [staging]

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Sep 5 04:00:18 EDT 2010

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 13:20:15 +0200, Thomas Bächler
<thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> [1] staging packages are in pool/, so if you commit a package to staging
> with the same filename as an extra package, the extra package will
> disappear and have a wrong md5sum in the extra db.

No, dbscripts will disallow you to do this (at least if the old package
was already in a pool) If it's not in a pool you'll have the same
pacakge in different repos; but the extra one shouldn't be removed.

But yes, maybe this is a use cas that I should take care of.