[arch-dev-public] CJK fonts in [extra]?

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Thu Sep 9 16:14:32 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to add truetype fonts that provide Chinese/Japanese/Korean
glyphs to [extra].

Besides TTF files, the packages would include a configuration file for
/etc/fonts/conf.avail/ which would be linked to from /etc/fonts/conf.d/
by the install script, so that the font is automatically used for glyphs
not provided by "higher-priority" fonts such as ttf-dejavu.

For instance, I've adapted the AUR package ttf-sazanami which provides a
nice font supporting Japanese characters:

	http://arch.vesath.org/ttf-sazanami-20040629-4.src.tar.xz

Any comment or reason why I shouldn't do this is welcome! :)

Best.

--
Gaetan