[arch-dev-public] The "Great Python Rebuild of 2010" begins

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Sep 10 11:10:28 EDT 2010

On 09/09/10 23:22, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> FYI: support for community-staging was added to devtools 0.9.10 and
> dbscripts.

Is someone going to do the necessary setup for this on sigurd (create
directory) and gerolde (add to rsync)?

Anyway, the current status is, 1 package remaining for [core] and 69
remaining for [extra].  There are a few packages flagged as having
issues with the transition, so I will spend my time fixing those.

It would be great if everyone could do a push to get [extra] finished.
It is coming up to a month since this started and I have noticed that
people are doing "double updates" to keep [extra] rolling while rebuilds
are in [staging] so we are beginning to create more work by having this
sitting around wainting to be finished.

Allan