[arch-dev-public] Correct hostname configuration

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Sep 11 15:17:38 EDT 2010

Hi all,

we just figured out that the new dbscript don't work on sigurd because
the use hostname -s to determine on which host they are running. On
sigurd this return just "localhost".

I now wonder if the /etc/hosts file on sigurd is correct. E.g. I use
this config:

#<ip-address>   <hostname.domain.org>   <hostname>
127.0.0.1                               localhost
127.0.0.2       server.archlinux.de     server

hostname -s is server and hostname is server.archlinux.de

While on sigurd this is used:

127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain  localhost sigurd
208.92.232.29 aur.archlinux.org

hostname is sigurd and hostname -s is localhost.

I am not sure about this; maybe both are wrong.