[arch-dev-public] [draft] pkgstats round two: take your vote and help improving Arch

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Sep 22 16:32:01 EDT 2010

Hi devs,

I am a little busy right now. But I'd like to get this published so
we'll get some usable stats for next month. In the meantime I have
improved the db schema on the server so that we could easily save the
history of several years. (package data are now aggregated monthly)

Patches to this announcement are more than welcome. (I am tired and I
dumped ice tea into my keyboard...)

--
In memory to our announcement of <a
href="http://www.archlinux.org/news/pkgstats-contribution-was-never-that-easy/">pkgstats</a>

Contributing is as easy as installing the pkgstats package. A weekly
cron job will take care of sending a package list regularly. So, go
ahead install pkgstats and don't forget to tell all your friends about
it.

For more details see pkgstats -h or just read the simple source code.
Statistics are available at the <a
href="https://www.archlinux.de/?page=Statistics">Statistics page</a>.