[arch-dev-public] Mirror status page

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Sep 23 02:53:32 EDT 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 17:59:44 -0500, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>
wrote:
> We'll bring it up here before we make a more public announcement to
> iron out any kinks, but it is live and updating once an hour:
> http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/

Nicely done. Here are some suggestions:

* You should rethink about putting those equations into yellow boxes
with a bigger font size. They are not really the most important content
on that site.
* One should add to the "μ Delay" that it has an error of about an hour
(=frequency of your cron job). Especially those with a delay of less
than an hour sync hourly for real.
* mirror6.bjtu.edu.cn fails because it only has an ipv6 connection.
Maybe just ignore non-ipv4 hosts until we have ipv6 connection for
gerolde, too.
* Make the mirror urls "clickable"
* It would be very nice to have all this information and probably more
we have in the mirror db available via json. This way it can be easily
used by other sites or tools like reflector. See
https://git.archlinux.de/www.archlinux.de.git/tree/pages/MirrorStatusJSON.php
for a simple example.

Greetings,

Pierre