[arch-dev-public] [draft] pkgstats round two: take your vote and help improving Arch

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Thu Sep 23 07:55:45 EDT 2010

On 23 September 2010 19:34, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> Shouldn't we add something like "all information is anonymous, we
> collect no information that can identify you" or something?

Good point. In that case, a revision of the above:

Two years ago, we introduced <a
href="http://www.archlinux.org/news/pkgstats-contribution-was-never-that-easy/">pkgstats</a>.
This time, after a major revamp, we are re-introducing it to you!

Contributing is as easy as installing the package - a weekly cron job
will take care of the rest. You will be sending us a list of packages
installed on your system, along with the architecture and mirror you
use. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you,
but it will help us prioritize our efforts and make Arch even better.
So, go ahead and spread the word!

For more details see pkgstats -h or just read the simple source code.
You can view the collected data at the <a
href="https://www.archlinux.de/?page=Statistics">Statistics page</a>.