[arch-dev-public] Clearing out [testing]

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Tue Sep 28 14:25:27 EDT 2010

Am Sun, 26 Sep 2010 14:29:37 +0300
schrieb Ionuț Bîru <ibiru at archlinux.org>:

> On 09/26/2010 01:17 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
>
> > xorg-1.9:
> > ati-dri
> > intel-dri
> > libgl
> > mach64-dri
> > mesa
> > mga-dri
> > nouveau-dri
> > nouveau-drm-lts
> > r128-dri
> > savage-dri
> > sis-dri
> > tdfx-dri
> > unichrome-dri
> > xf86-input-*
> > xf86-video-*
> > xkeyboard-config
> > xorg-server
> > xorg-server-common
> > xorg-server-devel
> > xorg-server-xdmx
> > xorg-server-xephyr
> > xorg-server-xnest
> > xorg-server-xvfb
>
> the current nvidia version has a big performance hit when using this
> xorg-server 1.9. This issue was fixed in the latest beta version. I
> prefer this to not be moved until nvidia is updated.

New Mesa 7.9 is expected very soon, probably late this week (rc1 is
out). We should move the 7.8.x mesa based Xorg release before we build
new Mesa 7.9 dri driver packages.

A closed source driver should never hold back an OSS package. So what's
the state with nvidia and the new beta driver? If it won't hit the repos
until the end of the week I don't want to wait any longer.

-Andy