[arch-dev-public] Clearing out [testing]

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Tue Sep 28 19:03:53 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 20:25 +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:
> New Mesa 7.9 is expected very soon, probably late this week (rc1 is
> out). We should move the 7.8.x mesa based Xorg release before we build
> new Mesa 7.9 dri driver packages.
> A closed source driver should never hold back an OSS package. So
> what's
> the state with nvidia and the new beta driver? If it won't hit the
> repos
> until the end of the week I don't want to wait any longer.

I would like to move it this week. I haven't seen big showstoppers in
1.9 that weren't available in 1.8 also, and the packaging quality of 1.9
is better than 1.8. In the meanwhile, development goes on and:
- there's a new ati driver
- there's a new intel RC driver
- there's a new major version of mesa coming up

I would like to move this stuff this week so testing is available for
the new drivers and mesa.

Another thing: I'll move cairo 1.10 this week also, besides various
requests about the XCB backend and the rendering bugs in firefox, I
haven't seen bugreports for it. The rendering bugs in firefox is a bug
in firefox, not in cairo, which is solved by compiling with the included
cairo snapshot.

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list