[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26-2.6.38.2-1

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Apr 6 13:33:51 EDT 2011

My desktop running Nouveau with a NV44 card has become unstable. It's
freezing completely when doing some graphic card related stuff. Lots of
error messages are written to dmesg.

This is a mix of the new kernel drm and latest MESA changes in 7.10.x -
I had to switch to the closed nvidia driver for now. Debian devs have
similar bugreports. Fedora even changed to the Mesa 7.11 tree already.
And upstream doesn't care much about it.

The kernel itself is stable. So signoff x86_64.

Nouveau users should be warned when this moves.

-Andy