[arch-dev-public] [signoff] less-443-1
allan at archlinux.org
Wed Apr 13 17:57:14 EDT 2011
Major changes between "less" versions 436 and 443
* Change search behavior such that when a search is given an explicit
pattern, the entire displayed screen is included in the search and
not just the portion after the target line.
* Add -A option to change search behavior to the old way: only
the portion of the screen after the target line is searched.
* Add %F formatting to prompt strings, replaced by the last component
of the input file.
* Control-G while editing a command exits the command.
* Less now exits with status 2 if control-C is pressed and -K is in effect.
* Fix "ungetc overflow" when passing long commands via the -p option.
* Fix bug in using line filtering via the & command
in combination with -i and -I.
* Fix bug in handling negative arguments to the -j option.
* Fix bug in handling %t in prompt strings.
* Improve handling of long option names.
* Improve percentage calculation for very large files.
More information about the arch-dev-public