[arch-dev-public] [signoff] initscripts-2011.04.1-1

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Apr 21 14:03:20 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
>> * We no longer call mdadm, as this is dealt with by udev

The relevant rule file is shipped with mdadm and has been for a long
time (2008). The rule file gained support for IMSM arrays in mdadm
version 3.2, so it might be best to use a relatively up-to-date mdadm.
Can we assume that people are not holding back mdadm and upgrading
initscripts?

>> * We no longer copy rule files from /dev/.udev on boot, as this is
>> dealt with by udev

Handling of persistent net/cd links has been in udev for a long time
(the exact udev version escapes me at the moment). However, as a
general rule I would be in favor of forcing an up-to-date udev. (In
this particular case the problem was the opposite: the newest udev
broke our persistent rule handling).

The only package I have assumed might be anything but the most recent
is the kernel. Would anyone object to making this the official policy
for initscript, as I don't think we have the manpower to support other
combination of packages? If no one objects, I'll put a note about this
in the release notes.

Cheers,

Tom