[arch-dev-public] Fixing libsasl/cyrus-sasl/cyrus-sasl-plugins

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Aug 3 08:05:42 EDT 2011

Right now we have 3 standalone packages in our repositories for a
package that could get built from one source:

- libsasl - library and plain/login/sasldb modules, core for libldap
- cyrus-sasl - saslauthd with dependency on cyrus-sasl-plugins
- cyrus-sasl-plugins - all plugins not in libsasl

We have several bugreports open:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23856 - use /dev/urandom
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18784 - NTLM plugin missing
cyrus-sasl-plugins is built with !libtool, making it impossible to load

For the libtool files, I suggest adding this patch:
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/cyrus-sasl2/2.1.24~rc1.dfsg1+cvs2011-05-23-4/0030-dont_use_la_files_for_opening_plugins.patch

Then comes the actual packaging:
libsasl: the SASL library and mechanisms + sasldb (core)
libsasl-gssapi: GSSAPI mechanism, avoid dependency loop (core)
cyrus-sasl: saslauthd and auxprop modules (extra)
cyrus-sasl-sql: sql auxprop module (extra)

Then the dependencies/replaces/provides:
libsasl-gssapi: depends=libsasl, replaces/provides=cyrus-sasl-plugins
cyrus-sasl: depends=libsasl-gssapi
cyrus-sasl-sql: depends=libsasl, replaces=cyrus-sasl-plugins

This shouldn't cause any breakage and dependency resolution is nearly
the same as what it was before the migration. In the future, packages
should depend on libsasl-gssapi instead of cyrus-sasl-plugins.