[arch-dev-public] [signoff] linux 3.0.1-1
thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Aug 6 11:58:53 EDT 2011
please signoff the 3.0 series for both architectures.
Note: the upgrade path from 3.0-2 to 3.0.1-1 is not entirely smooth if
you rely on the vmlinuz26 compat symlink. However, the upgrade path from
core/kernel26 to this version is smooth.
Arch Linux Changes:
- Rename the package: kernel26 -> linux
- Added necessary replaces=(...)
- Removed old comments and vercmps from .install file
- Removed old comments and replaces from PKGBUILD
- added compatibility symlinks for the old kernel and initramfs
filenames in order to not break existing bootloader entries (only
affects upgrades, not new installations)
- removed System.map file, not needed anymore as we provide
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 262 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the arch-dev-public