[arch-dev-public] subversion-1.7.2-1 in [testing] repo

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 02:27:02 EST 2011

Hi,

I just pushed an upstream update (1.7.2) for subversion in the [testing] repo.

There should be no compatibility problems when updating from 1.6.X.
The only minor issue is that existing working copies created with
Subversion 1.6 and earlier need to be upgraded before they can be used
with a Subversion 1.7 client.  Running 'svn upgrade' in the checkout
copies fixes this.

The major packaging changes  is that  the ruby bindings are now
disabled. Because of issues with the binding tests, upstream is
disabling the build of ruby bindings with Ruby 1.9 or later. As we
have ruby 1.9 in the repo, I took the easy way out and simply disabled
them.  We could readd them later when it'll have support for ruby 1.9.
I'm not sure how many people were using these bindings.

I also did other minor change to the package:
- Update license, Add file depends, Add missing hook scripts, Add
python2 and ruby optdepends for the hook scripts, Clean up PKGBUILD,
Remove old patches

As we use subversion for the repos, please test it and sign it off on
the signoff page (or report any problems).

Eric