[arch-dev-public] Packages added to todo list 'Some packages put their pkgconfig (.pc) files in /usr/share/pkgconfig instead of /usr/lib/pkgconfig'

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Mon Dec 19 05:19:53 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> BTW: As for /usr/share/pkgconfig/udev.pc: that .pc file is installed to
> make clear where udev and its rules files are installed. As it's not a
> library, there's nothing wrong with installing it there. Rule files are
> quite the same on i686 and x86_64.

Thanks for the explanation. Indeed you are right about udev. I was
hesitating for a moment as there are some architecture dependent libs
in /lib/udev. However, you are right udev.pc only covers the rule
files, and there is a separate architecture dependent libudev.pc
installed correctly in /usr/lib{,32}.

Cheers,

Tom