[arch-dev-public] rsyslog in core+base?

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 04:54:33 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 26.01.2011 23:34, schrieb Allan McRae:

>>> Okay, there is another comment from a syslog-ng-affiliated guy, which
>>> makes me re-reconsider. I'd really like some input on this.
>>>

>> The arguments for and against both of these will get us nowhere in
>> making a decision.   They are both good system loggers and obviously
>> there is relatively little to make one stand out over the other.
>>
>> So I vote for including whichever one that an active developer puts
>> their hand up to maintain...  At the moment, we do not have one for
>> either package that I know of.
>
> On the bugtracker, people still argue for and against syslog-ng. I am
> inclined to say we shouldn't take action here and leave syslog-ng where
> it is. It should be maintained though. :(

As it seem that syslog-ng will be kept in the repo (at least for the
short term), I'll pushed an updated syslog-ng in testing in the
upcoming days. It will have these changes:
- upstream update to 3.2.2
- fixes for:
    FS#22269 - [syslog-ng] Incorrect & duplicate entries /etc/syslog-ng.conf
    FS#22153 - [syslog-ng] create /dev/log as a unix-dgram socket
instead of stream
    FS#22089 - [syslog-ng] Please install config files in
/etc/syslog-ng/ hierarchy

The package is already done and is running on my system. I'll check if
everything is fine in the next day or two before putting it in
testing.