[arch-dev-public] libpng and openjpeg pending / more .so bumps waiting?

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 21:47:29 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> What plans do we have for other pending .so bumps?
>
> One large rebuild task is libpng 1.5.1 bump. We would be the first
> distro to update to that release. Upstream changes look rather small
> this time.
>
> A minor bump pending is openjpeg update. Upstream has a weird .so
> naming and other distros use their own version scheme. We would have to
> decide the .so name. Probably .so.3 for Arch.
>
> Any other .so bumps pending?
>
> -Andy

exiv2 needs to be updated and has a so bump.

Same thing for lcms but this one might be more complicated. This is a
major version bump from 1.X to 2.X and the source tarball and library
name have a 2 appended to them so I suspect major API changes where a
simple rebuild might not work.  However, 2.0 was released in May 2010
and 2.1 was released on the 1st of last December.  Probably many
projects build now against it, if not there's probably patches out
there. I haven't look into this any further.

Eric