[arch-dev-public] Vi package

Stéphane Gaudreault stephane at archlinux.org
Thu Feb 10 17:08:52 EST 2011

Le 10 février 2011 15:28:12, Ray Rashif a écrit :
> On 11 February 2011 00:59, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> > I wonder the same. I cannot imagine why anybody would want to use vi.
> > Personally I would not mind if nano was the only interactive editor in
> > [core].
>
> I am in full agreement.

+1

Yesterday, I hesitated a lot to write this in my list of possible options.  I
think that POSIX (and maybe other standards) compliance require the presence
of a VI editor ... but since we do not follow the POSIX standard in a lot of
way this might not be a very important issue after all.

Nano is just fine (although I use it only during installation) and the place of
the traditional ex-vi is in a museum ... so I must admit that this would be my
favorite option too :)

Stéphane