[arch-dev-public] [signoff] util-linux 2.19-3
ibiru at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 22 06:35:52 EST 2011
The util-linux-ng project has been renamed back to util-linux.
- this NEW COMMAND lists information about all or selected block
- this command has been rewritten to use libblkid for partition tables
parsing. It supports aix, bsd, dos, gpt, mac, minix, sgi,
ultrix and unixware now.
- supports new command line option "--show" to list partitions in new
- prints UUID and name for GPT and mac partitions
- supports new command line option "--submounts" to list all
- supports new command line options "-c" and "-s" to reuse already
tty cflags and existing baud rate
- could be linked with libmount (--enable-libmount-mount) to manage
mount options outside /etc/mtab on systems where the file is a
- uses /sys/dev/block/<device>/loop/backing_file rather than loopdev
(requires kernel >= 2.6.37)
- supports new command line option "-l" to lock whole-disk device by
exclusive flock(2). This option is recommended when more fsck(8)
are executed in the same time.
- supports new mode "show" to print the current RTC alarm time
- this NEW COMMAND allows to discard unused blocks on a mounted
(wrapper for FITRIM ioctl)
- supports new options "discard" and "nofail"
- low-level probing (-p) returns "8" exit code for ambivalent
- include file has been renamed from mount/mount.h to
For a complete list of changes see docs/v2.19-ReleaseNotes
Packaging differences between util-linux-ng 2.18:
* removing the .install because ipc.texi (info with IPC API docs) was
removed from the source
* --enable-rdev deprecated
* tpowa changes --enable-libmount-mount link mount(8) with libmount
More information about the arch-dev-public