[arch-dev-public] [signoff] util-linux 2.19-3

Ionuț Bîru ibiru at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 22 07:33:52 EST 2011

On 02/22/2011 02:13 PM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 22.02.2011 12:35, schrieb Ionuț Bîru:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The util-linux-ng project has been renamed back to util-linux.
>
> Why 2.19-3? Shouldn't it be -1?

because tpowa uploaded a broken -1 and i only fixed it.

-1 had no versioned provider for util-linux-ng and an update wasn't
possible, it had a missing .install. all of them fixed in -2.

after that i noticed that ipc info file is not generate and the .install
command was failing because of that. the ipc doc file was dropped by
upstream. this was fixed in -3.

>> partx(8):
>>    - this command has been rewritten to use libblkid for partition tables
>>      parsing. It supports aix, bsd, dos, gpt, mac, minix, sgi,
>> solaris_x86, sun,
>>      ultrix and unixware now.
>>
>>    - supports new command line option "--show" to list partitions in new
>> format
>>
>>    - prints UUID and name for GPT and mac partitions
>
> One highlight for me: partx should now work on loop devices (or other
> devices that don't support drive geometry calls).
>
>> For a complete list of changes see docs/v2.19-ReleaseNotes
>>
>> Packaging differences between util-linux-ng 2.18:
>> [...]
>> * tpowa changes --enable-libmount-mount link mount(8) with libmount
>> (EXPERIMENTAL)
>
> Is that a good idea already? We will have to see.

That change was already committed by tpowa in 2.19-1 and i didn't touch it.

> I also hope you removed all the patches we had in 2.18.

already removed by twopa in 2.19-1

What have i done for this package is only to fix what tpowa committed.

--
Ionuț