[arch-dev-public] [signoff] TeXLive packages

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 05:49:07 EST 2011

On 2011/1/10 Rémy Oudompheng <remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> The simplest way to get back to a sane /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg is
> to make sure that it contains the same thing as
>
> cat /usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap-hdr.cfg
> /var/lib/texmf/arch/installedpkgs/texlive-*.maps
>
> In previous packages the maps file was duplicated inside the install
> scriptlet and I must have forgotten to update it last time, causing
> people to have an inconsistent updmap.cfg. However fresh installations
> do not have the problem, so I'm a bit puzzled.

That was my fault, I was confused by the fact that pre_upgrade() and
post_upgrade() scripts are run by different processes, so they can't
share information.

These install scripts are giving headaches: I'll change it to simply
replace updmap.cfg by the concatenation of
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap-hdr.cfg,
/var/lib/texmf/arch/installedpkgs/texlive-*.maps and
/etc/texmf/web2c/updmap-local.cfg as recommended upstream.

--
Rémy.