[arch-dev-public] Update tomcat from 5.5 to 6.0?

Guillaume ALAUX guillaume at archlinux.org
Fri Jan 14 14:48:43 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

User servernyc (gmail) flagged extra/tomcat as out-of-date and asked:
"where is tomcat 6? any reason for 5.5 still?"

I unflagged it as our tomcat package is currently from the 5.5 branch
and is up to date on its branch but still his question is relevant. I
think it is high time to make the move. Both branches 5.5 [0] and 6 [1]
are widely used and considered stable.

(I am currently working on both tomcat 5.5 and tomcat 6.0 packages built
from source with dependencies extracted)

So the feature request is "Update tomcat from 5.5 to 6.0". Has anyone
got something against it?
If no-one has, how to proceed regarding package names?

  - Rename "tomcat" to "tomcat5"? (careful because the 5.0 branch
existed [2])
   OR
  - Rename "tomcat" to "tomcat5.5"?

AND