[arch-dev-public] [signoff] mkinitcpio 0.7.1-1, device-mapper/lvm2 2.02.85-3, cryptsetup 1.3.1-2, dmraid 1.0.0.rc16.3-2, mdadm 3.2.2-2, v86d 0.1.10-2

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Mon Jul 4 11:31:23 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 03, 2011 at 02:57:58PM +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> A few fixes to mkinitcpio. One regression was fixed regarding 64 bit
> kernels with a 32 bit userspace (slows down image generation a bit
> again), and there were further speedups regarding add_module.
>
> Please sign off.
>
> Dave Reisner (17):
>       bash-completion: complete -k on kernel images
>       bash-completion: match style to rest of code
>       bash-completion: use a PE instead of sed
>       function: return with 0 if we reach the end of add_binary
>       functions: reduce calls to modinfo
>       avoid touching the linker directly
>       mkinitcpio: use msg instead of echo for hook help
>       lsinitcpio: append, not overwrite found hooks
>       lsinitcpio: add optional colorized output
>       function: fix whitespace errors
>       functions: call _add_file directly from add_module
>       always exit from cleanup
>       functions: reorg, no code changes
>       install modules all at once
>       base/install: rewrite the config to sanitize it
>       cleanup rarely and unused variable declarations
>       functions: remove cruft from in_array
>
> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi (1):
>       Fix -k /path when -b is used
>
> Thomas Bächler (4):
>       init_functions/default_mount_handler: use -l option for blkid to
> avoid syntax errors in a later mount command
>       Trim leading spaces in MODULES and earlymodules to prevent error
> messages when one is set to " "
>       Merge branch 'working' of https://github.com/falconindy/mkinitcpio
> into working
>       Release version 0.7.1

I think we need one more release before this goes to core. I broke
BASEDIR support making one final tuning pass on add_module, and I have a
fix, as well as some documentation and build-sys cleanup on my working
branch. I tested it myself on a VM (with different kernel versions in
host and guest), but I'd like to confer with Gerardo as well to make
sure he's okay with it, since he's a big fan.

dave

p.s. thomas, aforementioned build-sys cleanup means that you can tag the
repo and the version will be automatically assigned in the Makefile and
whatnot.