[arch-dev-public] missing libpthread-stubs in ArchLinux repos

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sun Jul 10 06:10:40 EDT 2011

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/x/libpthread-stubs.html

The libpthread-stubs package provides weak aliases for pthread
functions not provided in libc or otherwise available by default. This
is useful for libraries that rely on pthread stubs to use pthreads
optionally. On Linux, all necessary pthread functions are available, so
this package is simply a placeholder.

Jan decided a long time ago to patch out pthread-stubs in libdrm. This
had worked until now without errors. But now we're running into some
linking errors where I guess this could be the reason:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25093

Fedora add a pkg-config file to libxcb and make packages depend on
libxcb-devel if needed:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=libxcb.git;a=blob;f=libxcb.spec;h=482910b224cf8630009b934d57cbbd2dd8b87bb5;hb=master

Other distributions simply add libpthread-stubs that we right now have
in AUR https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20785

Any opinions about adding libpthread-stubs to extra and rebuild libdrm?
This should be the easy way to avoid such linking issues. It shouldn't
harm in any way.

CC'ing this to Jan. Your opinion? What's your activity state in Arch
these days?

-Andy