[arch-dev-public] Fwd: Move kdelibs3 to [community]

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 16:12:24 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi DEVs,
> I'd like to move kdelibs3 to [community] as it is only needed by qalculate-kde
> and ksensors in [extra] and, if their maintainers agree, I want to move/remove
> these packages too.
>
> - qalculate-kde main developer works on the calculator plugin for krunner[1],
> and doesn't think to port qalculate to Qt4.
> - ksensors can be replaced by the System Monitor Temperature plasmoid in the
> systray and maybe there are others I don't know of.
>
> [1] http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/Krunner#Using_as_a_calculator
>
> --
> Andrea

I am maintaining qalculate-kde and would like to keep it in extra. I
prefer it over qalculate-gtk and it seems logical to keep
qalculate-kde along with qalculate-gtk and libqalculate in extra. Why
do you want to move kdelibs3 to community? If it's because it's
orphaned, I can adopt it and qt3 as well.  I suppose they are low
maintenance.

Eric