[arch-dev-public] Install messages

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:36:06 EDT 2011

I'm counting on Gmail to wrap these messages the same way they looked
in my console- they look like junk when you don't keep them to 80
characters/line. Yes, people still use terminals that wide, as most of
the time they are opened to that width by default. As a general
guideline, can we try to keep them to 80 characters/line please? 85 is
just silly when it would be easy to trim it down a few words or rewrap
the lines correctly.

Support for non-devtmpfs self-compiled kernels have been moved to udev-compat.
Blacklisting of framebuffer devices has moved from /etc/modprobe.d to
Any customizations shoud be done to the file in /etc, as it takes precedence.
kbd and rtc devices are no longer world readable.
rtc is no longer in the audio group and fb devices are no longer in
the video group
(permissions and ownership of fb devices are controlled by X).