[arch-dev-public] [signoff] tcp_wrappers rebuild bonanza

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 02:01:35 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com> wrote:
> 5 packages in core were affected by this:
>
> inetutils
> nfs-utils
> syslog-ng
> openssh
> xinetd
>
> Note that we still have 2 packages in extra to get this rebuild
> completed -- archboot and openldap, before we can do the viking funeral
> for tcp_wrappers.

I checked out archboot for the rebuild but the archboot scripts
themselves refers to tcp_wrappers. Ultimately, I decided to let Tobias
or someone else handle it. Anyway, I don't think that many people use
archboot on a regular basis.

The split libldap/openldap package is finally done and in testing. :)
Because, in addition to the tcp_wrapper support removal, it also has
an upstream update (of 2 minor versions) and important changes and
improvements, I would like specific signoffs for libldap/openldap to
make sure everything works fine.

BTW, when you'll move it to core, it might be better to do a db-remove
on the libldap in core and openldap in extra before moving the package
out of testing. I'm not sure how well the dbscripts will handle a
combined split-PKGBUILD and repo-switch combination.

List of changes to libldap/openldap package:

- Upstream update
- Combine libldap and openldap in a splitted PKGBUILD
- Update ntlm.patch so it applies
- Remove tcp_wrappers support
- Fix permissions on libldap libraries
- Change run directory from /var/lib/openldap/run to /run
- Move unix ldapi socket to /run (close FS#21051)
- Change libexecdir to /usr/lib
- Enable slapd overlays (close FS#14598)
- PKGBUILD cleanup

Eric