[arch-dev-public] DNS and SSL Cert

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Jul 19 16:01:43 EDT 2011

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:34:42 -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 09:46 +0300, Ionut Biru wrote:
>>> I see that is expiring in 08/12/2012. Is it too early for me and I
>>> don't
>>> see well?
>>
>> It's still valid until August next year, so yes, we should just keep it
>> and not renew it yet. This cert was valid for 2 years instead of just
>> one.
>
> Wait... I didn't even make that connection. I just got a renewal email.
>
> Stupid people...

I think what happened here is that not the certificate you issued will
expire but the identity validation; which is what you actually pay for
not the certificate itself. That means from august on you wont be able
to create new certs unless you pay the fee and get your identity
validated again. But in our case its simple: just revalidate just before
our cert is about to expire.

Greetings,

Pierre