[arch-dev-public] kernel 3.0 changes
tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 23 06:41:58 EDT 2011
everything is prepared and committed to linux/trunk.
- Rename the package kernel26 -> linux
- Added replaces everywhere
- Removed old comments and vercmps from .install file
- Removed old comments and replaces from PKGBUILD
- added compatibility symlinks for vmlinuz26 and initramfs filenames
in PKGBUILD, in order to not break bootloader entries.
Now stuff to discuss before uploading to testing:
- kernel name: vmlinuz-linux or vmlinuz-ARCH
- initramfs name: initramfs-linux.img or initramfs-ARCH.img
same for fallback of course.
- naming it $pkgname (which would be linux, would make it easier for
custom kernel building imho)
anything else I missed, shout out now :)
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
tpowa at archlinux.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 262 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the arch-dev-public