[arch-dev-public] kernel 3.0 changes

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 11:20:23 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 23.07.2011 16:48, schrieb Evangelos Foutras:
>> On 23 July 2011 13:41, Tobias Powalowski
>> <tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> anything else I missed, shout out now :)
>>
>> The creation of the initramfs image symlinks needs to be moved back to
>> the .install scriptlet because pacman doesn't track the old images and
>> will refuse to replace them.
> Are you sure, it should delete them on deinstalling kernel26,
> at least there is a post_remove function.
It doesn't work is what he is telling you, nor should it- file
conflict checks take place long before this, and a package will never
ever ever try to overwrite things it sees on the filesystem that are
unowned. The kernel symlink should stay in the package but the
initramfs ones cannot.