[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev-173-1

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Jul 30 19:56:34 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

New udev release just out. We had the previous one in testing for a
long time without pushing it to [core] as it was believed this one was
imminent.

Nothing earth-shattering in this release. udev-acl is now disabled by
default, but we enable it as we still support systemd-less systems.

It should be noted that also this release contains a fix for a bug
found by some of our valiant testers.

Please test and sign-off.

Upstream release notes:

udev 173
========
Bugfixes.

The udev-acl extra is no longer enabled by default. To enable it,
--enable-udev_acl needs to be given at ./configure time. On systemd
systems, the udev-acl rules prevent it from running as the functionality
has moved to systemd.

udev 172
========
Bugfixes.

Udev now enables kernel media-presence polling if available. Part
of udisks optical drive tray-handling moved to cdrom_id: The tray
is locked as soon as a media is detected to enable the receiving
of media-eject-request events. Media-eject-request events will
eject the media.

Libudev enumerate is now able to enumerate a subtree of a given
device.

The mobile-action-modeswitch modeswitch tool was deleted. The
functionality is provided by usb_modeswitch now.