[arch-dev-public] [signoff] initscripts-2011.06.1-1

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Jun 1 11:53:03 EDT 2011

Hi Gaetan,

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> wrote:
> [2011-06-01 14:38:04 +0200] Tom Gundersen:
>> A new initscripts package is in testing.
>
> I see net-tools is now an optdepends for "legacy network support", but
> it is also (still) required to set up the hostname, isn't it?

A very good catch! I'll have to change this back to depending on both
net-tools and iproute2.

We were hoping to move hostname to coreutils (and domainname to
yp-tools), but that hasn't happened yet, so we still need net-tools.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Allan: any thoughts on moving hostname from net-tools to coreutils?

Cheers,

Tom