[arch-dev-public] [signoff] glibc-2.14 toolchain build

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Jun 7 10:35:58 EDT 2011

On 07/06/11 20:18, Allan McRae wrote:
> The glibc-2.14 toolchain update is in [testing]. Here is a summary of
> the changes.
>
> glibc-2.14-1
> - major version release
> - add patch to fix libdl crash
>
> Note:
>
> The RPC implementation in libc is obsoleted. Old programs keep working
> but new programs cannot be linked with the routines in libc anymore.
> Programs in need of RPC functionality must be linked against TI-RPC.
> The TI-RPC implementation is IPv6 enabled and there are other benefits.
>
> Visible changes of this change include (obviously) the inability to link
> programs using RPC functions without referencing the TI-RPC library and
> the removal of the RPC headers from the glibc headers.

This change results in build failures for the following [core] packages:

FAIL:  librpcsecgss
FAIL:  libtirpc
FAIL:  mkinitcpio-busybox
FAIL:  pam
FAIL:  rpcbind
FAIL:  xinetd

I will look into these over the next couple of days.

Also, some people are seeing segfaults in libresolv (__libc_res_nquery).
  So this will not be moving until the bug is fixed:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24615 .  This is not an Arch specific
issue...

Allan