[arch-dev-public] [signoff] coreutils-8.12-2, initscripts-2011.06.2-1, net-tools-1.60-15, udev-171-2, yp-tools-2.12-2

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Jun 7 18:10:32 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't this what minilogd [1] was intended for?

Hmmm... it would be neat if we can make that work. However, I'm not
sure it would. If I understand correctly, minilogd will buffer all
messages to /dev/log until syslog-ng is started, and then minilogd
will push it's log into the normal syslog.

However, if we have a minilogd instance in initramfs I guess we would
have to kill it before starting init, so it will not be able to pass
on its messages. Or am I wrong? I really don't know the details of how
this is supposed to work.

Cheers,

Tom