[arch-dev-public] [signoff] glibc-2.14 toolchain build

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 17:20:33 EDT 2011

On 7 June 2011 13:18, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> The glibc-2.14 toolchain update is in [testing].  Here is a summary of the
> changes.
>
> glibc-2.14-1
>  - major version release
>  - add patch to fix libdl crash

Looks like the glibc update will interfere with other rebuilds (e.g.: Perl).

At least my pidgin package is affected, and will give "/lib/libc.so.6:
version `GLIBC_2.14' not found" errors if moved to [extra] without
glibc being moved to [core] at the same time.

What's the preferred course of action we take here? Rebuild affected
packages with the old glibc? Wait for glibc to move to [core] before
moving the Perl rebuilds?