[arch-dev-public] [signoff] syslog-ng 3.2.4-2

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Tue Jun 28 12:08:46 EDT 2011

Am Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:33:19 -0400
schrieb Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com>:

> syslog-ng 3.2.4-2 is in [testing]. It's a rebuild with the following
> changes:
>
> * add --enable-systemd flag to ./configure
> * add upstream patch to fix socket acitvation for systemd
> * package upstream syslog-ng.service
>
> There should be zero impact for users still on sysvinit.
>
> Signoff both,
> Dave

Maybe I missed some discussion but Arch way usually means to not add
more additional features than what is required to support our repo
packages. Since it's a core repo pkg this policy should be respected.

Any reason why you are adding systemd support that we don't officially
support so far?

I see we have systemd in community now but wouldn't be the proper way to
offer additional foo-systemd packages in community replacing the
packages from core/extra where needed?

-Andy