[arch-dev-public] [signoff] krb5-1.9.1-2

Stéphane Gaudreault stephane at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 30 20:51:47 EDT 2011

Le 30 juin 2011 19:35:47, Allan McRae a écrit :
> On 01/07/11 04:18, Stéphane Gaudreault wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is a bugfix rebuild for FS#24921. The following filenames have
> > changed :
> >
> > /etc/krb5/kdc.conf =>  /var/lib/krb5kdc/kdc.conf
>
> That new location just seems wrong to me...  Is that standard?

This location is given by the --localstatedir option of the configure script.
This used so that the kerberos variable run-time data is located in /var/lib
instead of /usr/var (default in the configure script). The kdc.conf file is
installed in LOCALSTATEDIR/krb5kdc/kdc.conf.

There is no real standard for this location. I do not have a strong opinion on
this, so I could change it to a more appropriate place.

Here are the locations used by some other distros :
Slackware : /var/krb5kdc/kdc.conf
LFS, Gentoo : /var/lib/krb5kdc/kdc.conf
fedora, Suse : /var/kerberos/kdc.conf
Debian, Ubuntu : /etc/krb5kdc/kdc.conf
Mandriva : /etc/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

Regards,

Stéphane