[arch-dev-public] [signoff] bash-4.2.005 and readline-6.2.001

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:00:10 EST 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 01/03/11 23:13, Dan McGee wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 3:39 AM, Eric Bélanger<snowmaniscool at gmail.com>
>>  wrote:

>>> Another -1.  I would recommand everyone to downgrade to the previous
>>> versions before rebooting or halting their systems. I had to boot from
>>> a live CD in order to downgrade them.
>>
>> Any reason anyone didn't do this already? At least now they're no
>> longer in [testing]. We have no reason to keep stuff like this in the
>> repos for this long if it causes this many problems.
>
> I had no computer access for the past few hours so have not gotten this
> fixed yet...

I wasn't trying to call out anyone in particular, and especially you,
as you hadn't responded at all. Just wanted to remind everyone we all
have the power around here to do it, thus the reason I pulled the
trigger and letting others know it is OK to do in a "breaks systems"
situation like this.

-Dan