[arch-dev-public] Namcap 3.0 coming soon

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 13 09:30:39 EDT 2011

On 13/03/11 22:29, Rémy Oudompheng wrote:
> On 2011/2/27 Rémy Oudompheng<remyoudompheng at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hello people,
>>
>> Namcap can still be found at the usual Git repository. I should release
>> version 3.0 in a few days. Here are some highlights of what's new:
>
> Namcap 3.0 has been released in [testing], including Dan's latest patchset.

Looks good to me.  I just ran it on a whole heap of PKGBUILDs and
packages and nothing looked too wrong.

There is a bunch of false positives in the form of:
W: Non standard variable 'foo' doesn't start with an underscore
e.g. the perl PKGBUILD.  I'm not sure if they are new or not.

What is more concerning (and unrelated to namcap...) is the number of
PKGBUILDs giving this error even though they were recently updated:
Use $srcdir instead of $startdir/src

Allan