[arch-dev-public] [namcap] version 3.0.2 in testing repo

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 02:31:58 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 15/03/11 08:50, Rémy Oudompheng wrote:
>>
>> On 2011/3/13 Rémy Oudompheng<remyoudompheng at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello people,
>>>
>>> namcap version 3.0.1 is now in testing. This is a quick bugfix
>>> followup release that corrects bugs FS#23258, FS#23259, FS#23260.
>>>
>>> Sources are at the usual places
>>>  ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/namcap/namcap-3.0.1.tar.gz
>>>  http://projects.archlinux.org/namcap.git/tree/?id=3.0.1
>>>
>>> Have fun with it and don't hesitate to report any other bugs or wrong
>>> behaviour.
>>
>> Version 3.0.2 is released. It features two bug fixes :
>> * crashes in non-English locales (reported by Pierre)
>> * large amount of false positives in the extravars rules for multiline
>> arrays (reported by Allan).
>
> This appears to have gotten worse:
>
> namcap-3.0.1:
>> find /var/abs/core -name PKGBUILD | xargs namcap | grep "Non standard
>> variable" | wc -l
> 129
>
> namcap-3.0.2:
>> find /var/abs/core -name PKGBUILD | xargs namcap | grep "Non standard
>> variable" | wc -l
> 710
>

> It turns out every PKGBUILD is giving the following warnings:
>
>> namcap /var/abs/core/tar/PKGBUILD
> PKGBUILD (tar) W: Non standard variable 'rootdelay' doesn't start with an
> underscore
> PKGBUILD (tar) W: Non standard variable 'init' doesn't start with an
> underscore
> PKGBUILD (tar) W: Non standard variable 'udevd_running' doesn't start with
> an underscore
> PKGBUILD (tar) W: Non standard variable 'root' doesn't start with an
> underscore

Hmm:
dmcgee at galway ~
$ namcap ~/projects/arch-repos/tar/trunk/PKGBUILD

(no output here)

I'm seeing some serious oddness...it matters what directory you are in
as to how many errors get spewed out, and I don't see the ones you see
at all above.

dmcgee at galway ~
$ namcap projects/arch-repos/perl/trunk/PKGBUILD
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'arch_opts' doesn't start
with an underscore

dmcgee at galway ~
$ cd projects/pacman

dmcgee at galway ~/projects/pacman (master)
$ namcap ~/projects/arch-repos/perl/trunk/PKGBUILD
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'arch_opts' doesn't start
with an underscore

dmcgee at galway ~/projects/pacman (master)
$ cd ../namcap/

dmcgee at galway ~/projects/namcap (master)
$ namcap ~/projects/arch-repos/perl/trunk/PKGBUILD
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-archive-extract'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-archive-tar' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-attribute-handlers'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-autodie' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-autoloader' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-base' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-b-debug' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-bignum' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-b-lint' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-cgi' doesn't start with
an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-class-isa' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-compress-raw-bzip2'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-compress-raw-zlib'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-constant' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-cpan' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-cpanplus' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-cpanplus-dist-build'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-data-dumper' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-db_file' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-devel-dprof' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-devel-peek' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-devel-ppport' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-digest' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-digest-md5' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-digest-sha' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-encode' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-encoding-warnings'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-exporter' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-extutils-cbuilder'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-extutils-command'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-extutils-constant'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-extutils-embed' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-extutils-install'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-extutils-makemaker'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-extutils-manifest'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-extutils-parsexs'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-file-fetch' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-file-path' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-file-temp' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-filter' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-filter-simple' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-getopt-long' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-if' doesn't start with
an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-io' doesn't start with
an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-io-compress' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perlio-via-quotedprint'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-io-zlib' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-ipc-cmd' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-ipc-sysv' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-libnet' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-locale-codes' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-locale-maketext'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-locale-maketext-simple'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-log-message' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-log-message-simple'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-math-bigint' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-math-bigint-fastcalc'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-math-bigrat' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-math-complex' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-memoize' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-mime-base64' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-module-build' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-module-corelist'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-module-load' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable
'perl-module-load-conditional' doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-module-loaded' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-module-pluggable'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-net-ping' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-next' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-object-accessor'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-package-constants'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-params-check' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-parent' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-parse-cpan-meta'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-pathtools' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-pod-escapes' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-pod-latex' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-podlators' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-pod-parser' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-pod-perldoc' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-pod-plainer' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-pod-simple' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-safe' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-scalar-list-utils'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-selfloader' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-shell' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-storable' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-switch' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-sys-syslog' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-term-ansicolor' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-term-cap' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-term-ui' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-test' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-test-harness' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-test-simple' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-text-balanced' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-text-parsewords'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-text-soundex' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-text-tabs+wraps'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-thread-queue' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-threads' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-thread-semaphore'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-threads-shared' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-tie-file' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-tie-refhash' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-time-hires' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-time-local' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-time-piece' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-unicode-collate'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-unicode-normalize'
doesn't start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-version' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-win32' doesn't start
with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-win32api-file' doesn't
start with an underscore
PKGBUILD (perl) W: Non standard variable 'perl-xsloader' doesn't start
with an underscore