[arch-dev-public] [signoff] binutils-2.21-5

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 15 22:13:32 EDT 2011

On 16/03/11 07:22, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 16/03/11 06:41, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
>> Am Samstag 12 März 2011 schrieb Allan McRae:
>>> New CVS snapshot from the 2.21 branch. No changes in testsuite output.
>>> This rebuild is mainly because I wanted to see if it fixes some of the
>>> testsuite issues I am having with gcc-4.6 prereleases, but there are
>>> some nice fixes on that branch that are worth having anyway.
>>> Signoff both,
>>> Allan
>> This version breaks kernel building, no signoff from me.
> Any chance of actual details?

Ah - I did not realise that this "issue" had been backported to the 2.21
branch.   Anyway, it is bad ASM in the kernel that is now being exposed.
  Here is the fix:

sed -i "s#END(do_hypervisor_callback)#END(xen_do_hypervisor_callback)#"

Whether this should be an error or warning from binutils is up to
upstream to decide...