[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.5.0-1

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:31:07 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Multiple signoffs per architecture would be great, as well as any
> observations dealing with the upgrade process. Release notes:
> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/tree/NEWS
>
> @Everyone for FYI, Allan for suggestions:
>
> 13:39 < bash`> error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
> 13:39 < bash`> pacman: /usr/bin/pactree exists in filesystem
> 13:39 < bash`> for example :P
> 13:39 < bash`> pacman-contrib conflicts
> 13:39 < toofishes> yeah
> 13:39 < toofishes> just rm that file for now and continue...good catch
>
> Anything we can do here to make this suck less? Unless on -S vs -U it
> gets pulled into the transaction so things won't conflict, but we'd
> have to rebuild it at the same time and get it in [community-testing],
> right?
>
> -Dan

I just noticed that the new CheckSpace option has some issues in
chroot when I update the chroot with "mkarchroot -u".  If I
explicitely chroot in the chroot and run pacman -Syu there it works.
The error message is below (ignore the missing repo warnings).  I also
suppose the warning messages should be on seperate lines.

:: Synchronizing package databases...
error: failed retrieving file 'repo.db' from disk : No such file or directory
error: failed to update repo (No such file or directory)
 testing                                                  8.5K
194.1K/s 00:00:00 [-----------------------------------------------]
100%
 core                                                    37.4K
159.6K/s 00:00:00 [-----------------------------------------------]
100%
 extra                                                  470.2K
584.1K/s 00:00:01 [-----------------------------------------------]
100%
 community-testing                                        0.5K
7.3M/s 00:00:00 [-----------------------------------------------] 100%
 community                                              430.9K
493.1K/s 00:00:01 [-----------------------------------------------]
100%
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/repo.db: Failed to
open '/var/lib/pacman/sync/repo.db'
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (1): pciutils-3.1.7-4 [0.21 MB]

Total Download Size:    0.21 MB
Total Installed Size:   1.00 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages from testing...
 pciutils-3.1.7-4-i686                                  215.0K
297.9K/s 00:00:01 [-----------------------------------------------]
100%
(1/1) checking package integrity
           [-----------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts
           [-----------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space
           [-----------------------------------------------] 100%
warning: could not determine mount point for file
usr/include/pci/config.hwarning: could not determine mount point for
file usr/include/
pci/header.hwarning: could not determine mount point for file
usr/include/pci/pci.hwarning: could not determine mount point for file
usr
/include/pci/types.hwarning: could not determine mount point for file
usr/lib/libpci.awarning: could not determine mount point for file
usr/sbin/lspciwarning: could not determine mount point for file
usr/sbin/setpciwarning: could not determine mount point for file
usr/sbi
n/update-pciidswarning: could not determine mount point for file
usr/share/hwdata/pci.idswarning: could not determine mount point for
fi
le usr/share/man/man7/pcilib.7.gzwarning: could not determine mount
point for file usr/share/man/man8/lspci.8.gzwarning: could not deter
mine mount point for file usr/share/man/man8/setpci.8.gzwarning: could
not determine mount point for file usr/share/man/man8/update-pcii
ds.8.gzwarning: could not determine mount point for file
/var/lib/pacman/warning: could not determine mount point for file
usr/lib/libpc
i.awarning: could not determine mount point for file
usr/lib/libpci.so.3.1.7warning: could not determine mount point for
file usr/lib/pk
gconfig/libpci.pcwarning: could not determine mount point for file
usr/include/pci/header.hwarning: could not determine mount point for
file usr/include/pci/config.hwarning: could not determine mount point
for file usr/include/pci/types.hwarning: could not determine mount
 point for file usr/include/pci/pci.hwarning: could not determine
mount point for file usr/share/hwdata/pci.idswarning: could not determ
ine mount point for file usr/share/man/man7/pcilib.7.gzwarning: could
not determine mount point for file usr/share/man/man8/setpci.8.gzw
arning: could not determine mount point for file
usr/share/man/man8/update-pciids.8.gzwarning: could not determine
mount point for file
usr/share/man/man8/lspci.8.gzwarning: could not determine mount point
for file usr/sbin/update-pciidswarning: could not determine mount
point for file usr/sbin/setpciwarning: could not determine mount point
for file usr/sbin/lspci(1/1) upgrading pciutils
(1/1) upgrading pciutils