[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.5.0-1

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 16 16:59:06 EDT 2011

On 17/03/11 04:46, Dan McGee wrote:
> Multiple signoffs per architecture would be great, as well as any
> observations dealing with the upgrade process. Release notes:
> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/tree/NEWS
>
> @Everyone for FYI, Allan for suggestions:
>
> 13:39<  bash`>  error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
> 13:39<  bash`>  pacman: /usr/bin/pactree exists in filesystem
> 13:39<  bash`>  for example :P
> 13:39<  bash`>  pacman-contrib conflicts
> 13:39<  toofishes>  yeah
> 13:39<  toofishes>  just rm that file for now and continue...good catch
>
> Anything we can do here to make this suck less? Unless on -S vs -U it
> gets pulled into the transaction so things won't conflict, but we'd
> have to rebuild it at the same time and get it in [community-testing],
> right?

There is pacman-contrib-3.4.2-2 in [community] now that does not have
pactree in it.   Anyone using [testing] will still face this issue, but
those who upgrade pacman-contrib before pacman goes to [core] should be
fine.

You could add conflicts=(pacman-contrib<3.4.2-2) to the pacman package,
but that solution is just as ugly as requiring deleting that file...

Allan