[arch-dev-public] devtools patches

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Fri Mar 18 09:01:23 EDT 2011

[2011-03-18 12:31:48 +0100] Jan Steffens:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Jan Steffens <jan.steffens at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I started patching devtools: https://github.com/heftig/devtools/commits/master
> >
> > Main new features are:
> >  - support for using Btrfs snapshots instead of rsync
> >  - sharing the chrootdir with other users, with locking
>
> I rebased the branch again, in preparation of posting it as a patch
> series. Or is a pull-request perferred?
>
> Any reviews?

It looks all very good to my non-expert eye, except that I wouldn't
silently fall back on use_rsync=true when btrfs returns an error (line
134 of makechrootpkg): there are probably some failure cases where we
want to see the error message and not have rsync overwrite everything.

Apart from that, great job! I'm looking forward to using these feature.

--
Gaetan