[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.5.0-1

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 21 10:17:10 EDT 2011

On 22/03/11 00:08, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 16 März 2011 schrieb Allan McRae:
>> On 17/03/11 04:46, Dan McGee wrote:
>>> Multiple signoffs per architecture would be great, as well as any
>>> observations dealing with the upgrade process. Release notes:
>>> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/tree/NEWS
>>>
>>> @Everyone for FYI, Allan for suggestions:
>>>
>>> 13:39<   bash`>   error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
>>> 13:39<   bash`>   pacman: /usr/bin/pactree exists in filesystem
>>> 13:39<   bash`>   for example :P
>>> 13:39<   bash`>   pacman-contrib conflicts
>>> 13:39<   toofishes>   yeah
>>> 13:39<   toofishes>   just rm that file for now and continue...good catch
>>>
>>> Anything we can do here to make this suck less? Unless on -S vs -U it
>>> gets pulled into the transaction so things won't conflict, but we'd
>>> have to rebuild it at the same time and get it in [community-testing],
>>> right?
>>
>> There is pacman-contrib-3.4.2-2 in [community] now that does not have
>> pactree in it.   Anyone using [testing] will still face this issue, but
>> those who upgrade pacman-contrib before pacman goes to [core] should be
>> fine.
>>
>> You could add conflicts=(pacman-contrib<3.4.2-2) to the pacman package,
>> but that solution is just as ugly as requiring deleting that file...
>>
>> Allan
> No signoff for german locale,
> I cannot build anything with de_DE.utf8 locale, makepkg breaks:
> /usr/bin/makepkg: Zeile 99: printf: `D': Ungültiges Formatierungszeichen.

That was a mistake in the translation.  See
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23315 .  It is fixed an will appear in
the 3.5.1 release (possibly later this week).

Allan